Trophies & Medals
Over £13,000 in individual prize-money
- Chieftain’s Challenge Trophy to Competitor in Open Sections (Heavy, Light, Piping and Dancing) with the highest aggregate in at least two sections.
- Cock O’ The North Mace for the Best turned Out Pipe Band.
- Dinnie Challenge Trophy to Competitor with most points in Open Heavy Events – Trophy remains in custody of Committee.
- Replica Alice Dyce Nicol Medal to Winner and prizes of £150, £100 and £50 to 1st, 2nd and 3rd (Sponsored by George Strachan Ltd., Royal, Deeside).
- Dinnie Stone Trophy to Winner of Light Stone Open (Event 24) – Trophy remains in custody of Committee.
- G & A Catto Trophy to Winning Tug o’ War Team (Event 26).
- Dan Findlay Memorial Trophy to Winner of 56lb Weight over Bar Open (Event 28).
- Robert Dinnie Perpetual Trophy for Best Open Caber Competition (Event 29).
- Ferguson Challenge Trophy to Competitor with most points in Open Light Events plus £100 prize.
- Allan Brodie Trophy to Winner of Hill Race (Event 49)- Certificates to all who request one.
- Annie & George Strachan Trophy for First Lady in Hill Race (Event 50)
- Hill Race winner to receive further £100 if record is broken.
- Alistair Munro Plate to Winner One Mile Race Open (Event 44).
- Jeannie Hendry Trophy to Best Dancer – 16 years and over.
- Paterson Challenge Cup to Best Male Dancer – 16 years and over.
- Edith Kirkham Trophy to Best Female Dancer – 16 years and over.
- Hendry School of Dancing Trophy to Best Dancer 13, 14 & 15 years.
- Dorothy Ogston Memorial Trophy to winner of Flora MacDonald’s Fancy Open Boys & Girls 13, 14 & 15 years (Event 88).
- Davidson Challenge Cup to Best Dancer 10, 11 & 12 years.
- Alba Homes Ltd. Trophy to Best Dancer under 9 years.
- Violet Lawrie Memorial Trophy to Best Boy or Girl Dancer on Board 2.
- Barclay Harvey Challenge Trophy (former Macdonald Trophy) to Winner of Piobaireachd Open Competition (Event 4).
- Pipe Major Cruickshank Memorial Trophy to Winner of Marches Open (Event 2) – 1st Prize by Bucksburn
- Royal British Legion.
- Aboyne & District Rotary Club Trophy for Junior Piping (Events 1 & 8 ) – in the event of a draw Winner of Event 1 wins.
- Gordon Highlanders Trophy to Winner of Strathspey and Reel Open (Event 3).
- Esso Trophy to Winner of Open Junior Piping (Event 8).
- Dr Jack Taylor’s Chanter to Winner of Open Junior Piobaireachd (Event 1).
- Ian Smith’s Medal for Junior Piping under age 14 (Event 5).
- Chalmers Quaich for Best Overall Open Piper.
- Gerry Robb Quaich to Winner of Open Hornpipe & Jig (Event 10).
The best local piper under 18 for March, Strathspey and Reel (Event 9) gains points towards the Bessie Brown Trophy which is competed for in the four Kindred Gatherings and presented at Braemar Gathering.
- Graham Ross Trophy for Winner Two Scottish Tunes, own choice, 12 years and under Open Competition (Event 94)
- Scott Skinner Trophy for Winner Any Three Scottish Tunes 15 years and under Open (Event 95)
- Peter Milne Trophy for Winner Slow Air, March, Strathspey and Reel 16 years and over Open (Event 97)
- Brown Trophy to Champion in Local Heavy Events plus £10 prize.
- Calum Morrison Memorial Trophy to Winner of Local Light Stone (Event 17).
- George Clark Trophy to Winner of Local 28lbWeight by Ring (Event 18).
- George Smith Memorial Trophy to Winner of Local Light Hammer (Event 19).
- Dr Teall Trophy to Champion in Local Light Events.
- Duncan Munro Challenge Shield to Winner of Local Half-Mile (Event 35).
- John McPherson Trophy to Best Locally Resident Piper.
- Aberdeen & District Piping Society Challenge Trophy for Local Under 18 years Piper (Event 9).
- Gartly Cup for Runner up Local under 18 years Piper (Event 9).
- Gibbon Challenge Trophy to Best Local Dancer 10, 11 & 12 years.
- Patron’s Trophy to Best Local Dancer 13, 14 & 15 years.
- David Eastwood Challenge Trophy 13-15years to Best Local Male Dancer 13, 14 & 15 years (Fling, Sword, Seann Triubhas.
- McLean Shield for Best Local Dancer under 9 years.
- Mary Hay Memorial Cup for Best Local Dancer – 16 years & over.
- David Eastwood Challenge Trophy 16-21years for Best Local Male Dancer – 16-21 years (Fling, Sword, Seann Triubhas).
- Peter Dawkins Trophy for Best Local Female Runner in Hill Race (Event 50).
- Fungle Cup for First Male Runner in Hill Race (Event 49).
- Chairman’sTrophy for Winner March, Strathspey and Reel Local Competition (Event 96)
Definition of Local
Competitors for local prizes must be natives or residents of one year’s standing (at the date of the current Games) in the postcode areas of Aboyne, Ballater, Banchory, Alford and Strathdon (AB34, AB35, AB31, AB33, AB36)