Trophies & Medals
Over £9,500 in individual prize-money
- Chieftain’s Challenge Trophy to Competitor in Open Sections (Heavy, Light, Piping and Dancing) with the highest aggregate in at least two sections.
- Cock O’ The North Mace for the Best turned Out Pipe Band.
- Dinnie Challenge Trophy to Competitor with most points in Open Heavy Events – Trophy remains in custody of Committee.
- Replica Alice Dyce Nicol Medal to Winner and prizes of £150, £100 and £50 to 1st, 2nd and 3rd (Sponsored by George Strachan Ltd., Royal, Deeside).
- Dinnie Stone Trophy to Winner of Light Stone Open (Event 22) – Trophy remains in custody of Committee.
- G & A Catto Trophy to Winning Tug o’ War Team (Event 26).
- Dan Findlay Memorial Trophy to Winner of 56lb Weight over Bar Open (Event 28).
- Robert Dinnie Perpetual Trophy for Best Open Caber Competition (Event 29).
- Ferguson Challenge Trophy to Competitor with most points in Open Light Events plus £20 prize.
- Alan Brodie Trophy to Winner of Hill Race (Event 50) – Certificates to all.
- Hill Race winner to receive further £50 if record is broken.
- Alistair Munro Plate to Winner One Mile Race Open (Event 45).
- D&A Thomson Trophy to winners of Academy Relay Race (Event 51).
- Jeannie Hendry Trophy to Best Dancer – 16 years and over.
- Paterson Challenge Cup to Best Male Dancer – 16 years and over.
- Edith Kirkham Trophy to Best Female Dancer – 16 years and over.
- Hendry School of Dancing Trophy to Best Dancer 13, 14 & 15 years.
- Dorothy Ogston Memorial Trophy to winner of Flora MacDonald’s Fancy Open Boys & Girls 13, 14 & 15 years (Event 88).
- Davidson Challenge Cup to Best Dancer 10, 11 & 12 years.
- Alba Homes Ltd. Trophy to Best Dancer under 9 years.
- Violet Lawrie Memorial Trophy to Best Boy or Girl Dancer on Board 2.
- Barclay Harvey Challenge Trophy (former Macdonald Trophy) to Winner of Piobaireachd Open Competition (Event 4).
- Pipe Major Cruickshank Memorial Trophy to Winner of Marches Open (Event 2) – 1st Prize by Bucksburn Royal British Legion.
- Gordon Highlanders Trophy to Winner of Strathspey and Reel Open (Event 3).
- Esso Trophy to Winner of Open Junior Piping (Event 8).
- Dr Jack Taylor’s Chanter to Winner of Open Junior Piobaireachd (Event 1).
- Ian Smith’s Medal for Junior Piping under age 14 (Event 5).
- Chalmers Quaich for Best Overall Open Piper.
- Gerry Robb Quaich to Winner of Open Hornpipe & Jig (Event 10).
- Chieftain Trophy for Winner March, Strathspey and Reel Local Competition (Event 95)
- Scott Skinner Trophy for Winner Any Three Scottish Tunes 15 years and under Open (Event 94)
- Peter Milne Trophy for Winner Slow Air, March, Strathspey and Reel 16 years and over Open (Event 96)
- Brown Trophy to Champion in Local Heavy Events plus £10 prize.
- George Clark Trophy to Winner of Local 28lbWeight by Ring (Event 18).
- George Smith Memorial Trophy to Winner of Local Light Hammer (Event 19).
- Dr Teall Trophy to Champion in Local Light Events.
- Duncan Munro Challenge Shield to Winner of Local Half-Mile (Event 35).
- John McPherson Trophy to Best Locally Resident Piper.
- Aberdeen & District Piping Society Challenge Trophy for Piper under 18 years (Local to Aberdeenshire, Banffshire or Kincardineshire) (Event 9).
- Gartly Cup for Runner up Piper under 18 years (Local to Aberdeenshire, Banffshire or Kincardineshire) (Event 9).
- Aboyne & District Rotary Club Trophy for Junior Piping.
- Gibbon Challenge Trophy to Best Local Dancer 10, 11 & 12 years.
- Patron’s Trophy to Best Local Dancer 13, 14 & 15 years.
- McLean Shield for Best Local Dancer under 9 years.
- Mary Hay Memorial Cup for Best Local Dancer – 16 years & over.
- Peter Dawkins Trophy for Best Local Female Runner in Hill Race (Event 50).
- Fungle Cup for First Male Runner in Hill Race (Event 50).